Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Jake's best birthday EVER!!!

On August 30th Jake had a birthday! We'd known since the race schedule had come out that we'd be racing this year on his birthday. He'd rather spend a day at the track than almost anything else, so this was perfect. Little did we really know...this day would be so great and Jake get the best present...Win #2 for the season!!! Back to back wins...woohoo!
As you can tell from the above picture I get a little into the racing and was thrilled about the win! It was just unbelievable! We'd qualified on the pole, which showed we had a good car, then ran 2nd or 3rd most of the night. In my mind, during the race, I was thinking that 2nd or 3rd for the night was going to be good...but the race wasn't over yet! It seemed to be the never-ending race there towards the end. Next thing I know the 1st and 2nd cars wrecked each other. The caution came out, they got the track cleared, and the 98 was in 1st. Green flag, another wreck, caution, green flag, wreck, caution,green flag....We got down to the final green, white, checkered finish and the 98 held on and got it!!!
Our win a few weeks ago was awesome...but 2 in a row, and on Jake's birthday...incredible!!! We now have another trophy to add to our now collection. I'm liking that! I'd already given Jake a present from me and the kids, but after the race I should have taken it back. Hahaha. He'd take a race win over about anything I could buy!
To top things off for the day, we had lots of our friends and family at the track for the day with us. (we missed you Dad and Jody J.) Jake's Mom made a cake, so after the race, close to midnight, we had a little party...celebrated Jake's bday and added on some celebrating for the win! I can't even tell you what a day it was! Definitely a birthday Jake will never forget!
Happy Birthday Jake! Go 98!

1 comment:

The Hackney's said...

Happy birthday to Jake! What an awesome story! I am glad that you guys got another win and such a great day for all of you! Good luck at the next race!