Monday, June 2, 2008

They Left Us...


Hollie, Pete, and the girls all left to go back to GA on Saturday afternoon! We hated to see them go. We all had so much fun chillaxin' and more.

On Friday we took an "excursion" to Shell Island. Within the first 15 minutes I just knew we were going to die! We had rented a pontoon boat with our neighbors here, so we let Bob do the driving. Maybe that wasn't the best idea after we started hitting very large wake full speed in this slow butt boat. We then proceeded to dive the nose of the boat into the water, causing practically a tide wave to crash over us, and the boat to fill with over a foot of water. I was planning my survival and how I was going to swim with the kids to the closest land! All the while Bob keeps cutting his eyes at me and grinning. This happened about 3 different times, then I realized it could be avoided if you slow down when the big wakes are coming. Bob had had his fun for the day, and quit torturing us soon after. I wasn't quite as freaked out after the 1st episode, but we were all drenched from head to toe! Once we docked at Shell Island it was all worth it. It was an unbelievably perfect day! Hollie took lots of pictures. She has them posted on her blog, so check them out over there.

Hope the start to every one's week is great. Jake's parents have come down for a few days, so we'll hang with them some.

Have fun!

6 comments:

Hollie said...

Let's stick with boats on the lake only from now on...or better yet, let's take advantage of dad's friend with the YATCH!

The Carswells said...

That would be YACHT! I knew what you meant. We'll be ok with boats in the ocean, just a different captain next time! HaHa

Alexandra said...

Thats too funny!!!!! I think Courtney and I are coming down this weekend!!!!! I hope its pretty weather! Ive got to tan this massive mountain of a belly!

Hollie said...

Homeschool coming out of me!

Natasha said...

Thank you for your sweet comment over on my blog! Glad you had a great time at Shell island—it is so beautiful there!
Take Care,
Natasha

Cheryl said...

How fun!!! We did the same thing last summer with my family. Although our drivers weren't as crazy as yours.
We usually take a 'whole' family trip to PCB each year but we're not going this summer. :(
I don't know how I'll survive, I LOVE THE BEACH!!