Monday, October 13, 2008

Time with my man


Last week Jake and I went to the beach together, alone, for 4 nights. We had a great trip hanging out together, sleeping late, laying on the beach until the sunset every day, and doing some good eating too! Our good friends Kim and Jody came down to hang-out a few days, so it was nice to spend time with them. The "excuse" we had to get away was that Jake had an annual homeowners meeting and the condo board meeting he had to attend. That was a good "excuse" to go down early and spend a few days. Not that we really needed an excuse, but it was our reason to be there. Everyone needs to get-away sometimes with their man alone...it's good for you! :) We celebrated Kim's birthday, and grilled some steaks and scallops for dinner. YUM...but the singing before her birthday cake topped it all! Very melodious trio of Jody, Jake and me...glad there's no recording of that! hahaha. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!!!

We are back now and ready for the start to this week. We have had alot going on with school and projects due, so I'm hoping for a calmer week. Later this week our schedule involves some RACING, so we're counting down to that! Have a happy Monday!

4 comments:

The Hackney's said...

Good for you guys!! I totally agree and can't wait for some alone time with my man! I am going to have to pry Kate off him with a crow bar though!

I am glad that you guys had a great time at the beach! I am so jealous! That is what we miss most about living in NC!

Have fun racing and working on school stuff!

Hollie said...

Could you get any blacker? All I can see is your teeth!!! I may need to get a spray tan before our family pictures!!

Alexandra said...

Im so jealous! I would love to spend time with my hubby! Just the two of us. I havent been with just him since our honeymoon.... A little Sad.....
:(

Michele Helms said...

We were away together last week as well...great minds think alike! I posted my 6 things... and by the way...I love the fact that I was there when Eddie dropped Jake off at youth camp....that is where it all began!!