Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

We hope you had a happy and festive New Years! We rang in 2009 in Gatlinburg during our Xtreme conferences.  Xtreme started Dec. 27th in Gatlinburg, TN. and Branson, MO. and continued in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge through January 2nd. The conferences went fantastic and tons of decisions for the Lord were made! It is a ton of work and long, long hours, but tons of fun at the same time. Needless to say, we were ready to chill and recover after all the Christmas festivities and then going straight into the conferences. As soon as the final conferences ended on the 2nd, we darted straight to the beach! We went over the mountain from Gatlinburg to Cherokee, NC and stopped to play in the snow on the way. Crazy...snow one minute then 70 degrees at night just a few hours later! We enjoyed a long weekend on the beach and by the pool immensely! (and some yummy, fresh seafood...not to mention also getting to see Twilight for the 3rd time!) 
Now it's back to "normal routine", whatever that might be! I know for now it's school, getting my house back together and un- Christmasized (new word), and trying to get back to my work-out schedule (ughhhhh, I love to do it once I start, just starting is my problem...any takers on going to the gym with me???). Have a fabulous week!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Happy New Year, Carswell's! We had fun bringing in 2009 in Gburg. Have to admit, I was a little jealous when I heard about the warm temps & sunshine at the beach! Glad you got some r&r!

Cheryl said...

If I lived closer, I definitely hit the gym with ya!
I read Twilight over Christmas, loved it! Can't wait to see the movie.
Happy New Year!

Brady Stewart said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hear nothing but good things about Xtreme. I know God used your awesome Dad in to impact thousands of lives for Christ. It's a blessing to call him Pastor!!