Saturday, October 6, 2007

Wisdom Teeth

So, Dr. Peacock has told me for years that I need to have my wisdom teeth taken out. They never bothered me though, and I just couldn't go put myself through the trauma and pain for seemingly no reason. Well, the day has come that he always said would. The day my teeth start hurting, and hurting, and hurting some more! So... I have an appointment to have them extracted!! All 4!!! UGGHHH, I am not excited. PRAY, PRAY, PRAY for me that everything will go smoothly. I am such a chicken first of all, and secondly I have never had anything done like this or been put to sleep! I'm sure after it's over you will hear my cry-babying about it. If you're lucky Jake might even show you pictures of my swollen cheeks. :)

2 comments:

Jon said...

My wisdom teeth became impacted on, of all things, a cruise. They impacted on the Monday we set sail. Wonderful! I was high on pain killers the whole week having to listen to jokes by John Cross all week :-)

It's not as bad as you think. The going under is kind of neat, really. You'll only have a couple of days of discomfort and the pain killers will take care of a lot of that.

After that, just make sure you don't drink through a straw for a few days. You don't want to get dry sockets. OUCH!!

Jenn said...

Girl, I am supposed to have the same thing done. I have been putting it off. They tell me that I can't wait anymore or I will start to ruin my teeth around them.

Let me know how it goes. I hope you have a good story so maybe I can get my nerve up!! I'll be praying! :)