Friday, October 19, 2007

I Made it and I'm Still Alive

YAY! My first surgical procedure I've ever had in my life is over and went just fine. I was so nervous about being put to sleep and all the unknowns of the surgery, but thank the Lord it all went smoothly. I had come up with these ideas in my mind that the doctor was going to think I was asleep but I really wasn't going to be and in my mind I was going to know what all was happening but not be able to tell anyone!! I know I'm crazy!! :) Nothing like that happened...they put my I.V. in then the nurses started coming in the room and the doctor started setting up instruments. I told them my heart was beating real hard in my throat... then next thing I knew I was in a different room lying down and Jake was there. I was so confused as to how I got into this room. They said I walked in there... but that was oblivious to me! My mouth and throat was so dry! They started the extractions around 10:00 and by 11:00-11:30 I was back home. Anyway, it's all been totaly fine... I haven't had to take any of the pain meds just Advil. I really don't feel bad... just a little sore when I open my mouth and talk. Jake says good then maybe I'll keep my big mouth shut for a couple of days. No, just kidding! Thanks for everyone thoughts and especially your prayers! I now have 4 less teeth! Thank goodness they were in the back and not my front teeth. That would be pretty!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Again, don't drink out of a straw for a few days. And don't dip any skoal, either. These both will give you dry sockets. Not that I know or anything.
:-)